The basic ground rules for discussions on these forums are simple: be polite, use common sense, don't break the law.
Suspension of your account is a definite consequence of not adhering to these guidelines.
In addition to the rules posted here, you are required to read any individual forum rules which may be posted at the top of specific forums as Important threads or Announcements. Runestorm assumes members have read them and will not take ignorance of any rules as an excuse for not following the rules, policies, and guidelines outlined here and in the forum specific rules.
These rules apply to all Forum categories.
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- Try to stay on topic at all times. Try not to drift off topic during a thread conversation. Please don't join in with off topic discussion even if others are. Instead, try starting a new thread and linking to it. Off topic posts may get deleted, and threads that really get out of hand will be closed.
- Post similar questions together. If you have several questions, it's better to ask them all in the one thread rather than create additional threads to ask each within. Make use of the edit feature in your post to add more information.
- Try not to post duplicate threads. Use the Forum Search to check if the topic you wish to post exists in the Forum already - it's very possible someone already asked your question! You can also use search engines such as Google to do advanced searchs of Runestorm's forums for a topic, if you find the individual forum search isn't helping you or is not working.
- Use short, concise thread titles. When posting a new thread, it's a good idea to use a short, yet informative title, so it is not too long and other Visitors to the Forum know what your thread is about.
- Try not to double post!. If you post additional identical replies/posts by mistake, please delete the duplicate replies by clicking the del link at the bottom of each. Where you need to add more information on to your original reply, click edit at the bottom of your post and add more to it, instead of clicking Reply and creating two replies.
- Do not flood a forum. Flooding is where you post to many threads in a short period of time, perhaps to stay on top of the forum stats, or just to have your name all over the first page of a forum so you are popular, or perhaps because you want someone to see you post a lot there. Other members and guests want to use the forum as well as you. Give them a chance by allowing them to be the last person to reply to a thread.
- No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed. This also applies regarding comments about other people who do not frequent the site.
- Do not impersonate other Visitors. Trying to pretend to be someone else on the site, including Staff, is not allowed, because firstly you'll be bad at it and secondly you will be punished!
- Do not spam. Under no circumstances are you allowed to spam anywhere, within any Forum or area on this site. If you are caught spamming anywhere, you'll be in trouble!
- Do not use other accounts to break any of the Forum Rules. Please do not attempt to break rules by using another account for the purpose of anonymity to avoid punishment. All Moderators and Site Staff can find out who you are if they need to!.
- Do not create additional registered accounts to bypass an issued ban. Trying to get around a ban using secondary/additional member accounts will result in a permanent banishment of all binding accounts from which you have created.
- Do not aid other Guests/Members to bypass bans. Using your knowledge of the site workings and Moderator tools to help a troublemaker or banned Visitor will get you in a lot of trouble as well.
- Pornographic content is not permitted on this site. Young Visitors frequent this Site due to its basis as a games site, and should not be exposed to adult material. This includes the provision of links to source material, or the posting of pornographic text or imagery anywhere on the Site. So keep all of those "special pictures" to yourself, noone wants to see them here!
- Do not use inappropriate avatars, custom titles or signatures. Using any of these site provisions to show sexually suggestive/blatant sexual imagery or text, profanity, religious, social or personal slandering is a serious offence.
- Do not pose as an Administrative Staff Member, Portal Staff Member or Moderator. Visitors to the Site who are not recognised Administrators, Portal Staff Members or Moderators with full credentials, should not pose as the aforementioned ranks, through the use of Administrator or Moderator in their Member name, avatar, custom title or signature. The creation of new accounts to pose as any of these ranks is also strictly forbidden. This includes but is not limited to using the following titles or deviant spellings of admin, Administrator, Webmaster, Staff, Portal Worker, Portal Staff, Mod and Moderator. Please note that it is also an offence to use the PM (Private Message) or any other communication medium to pose as any of the aforementioned staff ranks in order to convince another Guest/Member of your false identity.
- Do not use the PMs (Private Messages) as a secure communication medium. Confidential information or details of a fragile nature should not be transmitted to another Visitor using PM, the method of private messaging on the Site. The Administrators have access to these messages if necessary and accept no responsibility resulting from the exposure of this information to the public through using PM.
- If you SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them. If you gleaned information from anywhere on this site and use that to contact someone and present an offer, it's SPAM.
- You are responsible for any posts originating from your user name account.
- Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories.
- You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by Runestorm. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
- You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
- Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- You may not post any messages that is commercial by nature.
- You may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on your product or services.
- You may not solicit users for any project or purpose external to the forum; public, private, or commercial. Most importantly our member base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
- You may only discuss details about your company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to your company and stated something untrue or misleading, or something which clearly needs clarifying. The response must be in direct reference to the point discussed only and contain no added promotional information and/or fluff. It is advisable when in the above scenario to contact us first.
Custom User Titles, Locations:
- The custom user title, location field, and signature options are edited via your Profile. Custom user titles and the location field are displayed next to your posted text, under your user name. Signatures, once created in your profile, are attached to the end of your posts (if you choose the option to include your signature).
- URLs or other forms of advertising (phone numbers, plans, contact details, etc.) are not allowed in custom user titles, which are limited to 25 characters. Also, you may not use custom titles to impersonate, or attempt to impersonate Runestorm, user groups, or any entity you are not associated with..
- Your location field cannot include URLs or other forms of advertising.
- Must be setup in your profile, and not manually added to your messages.
- Please keep special characters to a minimum.
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature that is offensive or insulting to Runestorm, this site, its members, or its staff, is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
- Any posts not meeting these guidelines may be removed. We do not remove posts by requests.
- In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Runestorm cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the forum.
- Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
- We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current RuneStorm policies.
- We further, reserve our right to disable any account at any time for any reason and without notice.
If there are any rules or policies you do not understand, please contact the Website Administrator.
- Any abuse towards our staff, Moderators and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.
RuneStorm welcomes donations to help keeping the site and development running.
Any donations paid to RuneStorm are non-refundable.
Any charge-backs or fraudulent actions are the responsibility of the person making the donation.