| RuneStorm http://www.runestorm.com/forums/ |
|
| Armor Shards http://www.runestorm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=16100 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bulska [ Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Armor pickups with a value of 5. Just like Health Vails. I already scripted one myself, using the shield staticmesh with different texture. It also rotates like the Health Vail (this is not tested yet, I added it really quick in less then 10 minutes before posting this) Would be a nice thing if there is a mutator that there is 50% chance that a Healthvail turns into a ArmorShard pickup. So its useable in all maps.[br]File: [url=../../files/public/1159821231_204_FT0_armorshard.zip]1159821231_204_FT0_armorshard.zip[/url] |
|
| Author: | Mr.UglyPants [ Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Ohhh, looks cool, i'm betting the RS guys can help ya out (even add it somehow to their mod). |
|
| Author: | Bulska [ Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Cool, I've already putted em in my OSM map. Its fun but really hard to make OSM games... Why cant they put an explaination or tutorial 4 OSM maps. |
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
I downloaded an ArmorShard mutator a long time ago, but I lost that after a big part of my old hard drive got corrupted. But this is definately a worthy feature to be added to the mod.
|
|
| Author: | Bulska [ Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
It wont rotate. Ill fix that tomorrow. Or ill try it today if possible. Ill see. |
|
| Author: | Carsomyr [ Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Chaos already did this. |
|
| Author: | ShadowBlade [ Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
interesting.... |
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Carsomyr wrote: Chaos already did this.
Yup, and so have quite a few mutator-makers. |
|
| Author: | Bulska [ Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Yeah I have chaos, but I decided to make my own ^^ Its really easy to make, its just a mixture of the ShieldPack and the MiniHealthPack. |
|
| Author: | D. Ein [ Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
*reports everyone on the thread to id officcials, who made Quake 2 which is the earliest game where that was implimented that i know of* But really, I don't think they have much use. but that's just me. |
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Weren't armor shards (at least similar items) in Doom? |
|
| Author: | Bulska [ Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
I got the idea from Quake 3 Arena. |
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Q3A has the best armor shards in my opinion, there is just something about their look that appeals to me. Also that pickup sound kicks ass.
|
|
| Author: | D. Ein [ Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
There were no armour shards in Doom, as far as I am aware of, but I may be mistaken. I played Doom 1, Doom 2, Doom 2: Evilution, Doom 3... Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena (which I'm still obsessed about, maybe even more than UT - INSANE multiplayer), and Quake 4. To add to that, I've also played Wolfenstein 3D (aka Spear of Destiny, arguably the first action game ever), and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which has the most awesomest minigun I've seen so far - the Venom Minigun. So as you can see, I'm a big fan of id. |
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
There were sort of armor shards in the older Doom games, but they only gave one AP each, and looked nothing like armor shards. But the concept is the same.
|
|
| Author: | Captain Xavious [ Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
They didn't look like armor shards, but they did look like helmets, which is kinda the same-ish. |
|
| Author: | DarkCarnivour [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Q3A, Doom, we still play those! Good ol' doom. We like to try get through each map strating only with the starting pistol and health in each map. Doom turned us into the wierdos we are today!
Also Q3A is good fun. Nice game where thinking not required...
Q2 turned us into modders... RTCW's weapons sucked! Have you seen the reload anims? I played it before BW. Was cool. I liked the poor funny germans. Played it after BW and I just had to laugh! The first thing I noticed was just how crap the reloading was... |
|
| Author: | Captain Xavious [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
I was playing doom almost religiously this summer... good fun... its probably the oinly game I can almost play online, too. |
|
| Author: | ShadowBlade [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
religiously? sounds interesting
|
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
DarkCarnivour wrote: RTCW's weapons sucked! Have you seen the reload anims? I played it before BW. Was cool. I liked the poor funny germans.
Played it after BW and I just had to laugh! The first thing I noticed was just how crap the reloading was... Maybe you are forgetting a fun little fact; the game is 5 years old. I mean, back then not even a Radeon 9600 existed, so you expect them to make complex and resource-hogging anims? You can't go ahead of the industry, it's suicide for the game. The reloading looks great for a 2001 game, compare them to Red Faction and you see what I mean. |
|
| Author: | ShadowBlade [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
and Half-Life 1 came out in 99!! that had anims, RTCW did not... i remember playing long ago, and saying, WOW.. but now, its like "shudder"
|
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Yes, it's called technology advancing.
|
|
| Author: | Sgt. Kelly [ Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
I remember armour shards being in Doom 3, they looked pretty nice too.
|
|
| Author: | ShadowBlade [ Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
ok.. AS's not bad idea.. simple to doa s well
|
|
| Author: | Bjossi [ Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Armor Shards |
Yes they do, UP. But in UT2004 it'd fit more to use the ones that float in midair rotating in circles.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 6 hours |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|